Petition For Adoption Of A Minor
COMES NOW the petitioners, by the undersigned counsel, and unto this Honorable Court, respectfully aver:
1. That the petitioners are husband and wife, both of legal age, and residents of _;
2. That they have no legitimate children or descendants and hereby desire to jointly adopt a minor, named , who is _ years of age, legitimate child of _;
3. That the father of said minor is now dead, and only her mother, named _, is alive;
4. That said mother, _, is not insane, nor intemperate, nor has she abandoned such minor, and with full knowledge of petitioners’ intention hereby expressly gives her written consent to the adoption, as evidenced by Annex “A” hereto attached and made an integral part of this petition;
5. That the petitioners are qualified to adopt the said minor, and will be able financially and morally, to bring up and educate said minor, properly and adequately.
WHEREFORE, it is respectfully prayed that upon due notice and hearing judgment be entered adjudging that the minor childbe freed from all legal obligations of obedience and maintenance with respect to her natural parents and that she be declared to all legal intents and purposes, the child of the herein petitioners, and that her surname be changed to that of the petitioners.
City of _, _.
Counsel for the Petitioners
(Address, IBP No., Roll No., MCLE Compliance No.)