P.D. No. 603, Child and Youth Welfare Code
PRESIDENTIAL DECREE NO. 603
THE CHILD AND YOUTH WELFARE CODE
I, FERDINAND E. MARCOS, President of the Philippines, by virtue of the powers vested in me by the Constitution, do hereby order and decree the following:
- Title I – General Principles
- Title II – Child and Youth Welfare and the Home
- Title III – Child and Youth Welfare and Education
- Title IV – Child and Youth Welfare and the Church
- Title V – Child and Youth Welfare and the Community
- Title VI – Child and Youth Welfare and the Samahan
- Title VII – Child and Youth Welfare and the State
- Title VIII – Special Categories of Children
- Title IX – Council for the Welfare of Children and Youth
Art. 210. General Penalty. – Violations of any provisions of this Code for which no penalty is specifically provided shall be punished by imprisonment not exceeding one month or a fine not exceeding two hundred pesos, or both such fine and imprisonment at the discretion of the court, unless a higher penalty is provided for in the Revised Penal Code or special laws.
Art. 211. Repealing Clause. – All laws or parts of any laws inconsistent with the provisions of this Code are hereby repealed or modified accordingly: Provided, That the provisions of the Dangerous Drugs Act of 1972 and amendments thereto shall continue to be in force and shall not be deemed modified or repealed by any provision of this Code.
Art. 212. Separability Clause. – If any provision of this Code is held invalid, the other provisions not affected thereby shall continue in operation.
Art. 213. Effectivity Clause. – This Code shall take effect six months after its approval.
Done in the City of Manila, this 10th day of December, in the year of Our Lord, nineteen hundred and seventy-four.